Table of Contents
It’s just one of those times, one of those months – we’ve all been there. A month of utter stress where you have basically given up on all of your go-to cosmetic products that you have used for hair growth, skin, massage, and to keep you looking young. They have continued to fail on you, despite you using them for some time while following all of the directions that these products have specified you do to get them to work. On top of this, you have recently been worrying about all of the negative artificial chemicals that these products are made with – including sulfates and parabens. If this situation describes you, worry not! We might have a great natural essential oil to help these cosmetic worries of yours become a thing of the past. This essential oil is rosemary oil – read about it here in our Health Benefits of Rosemary Essential Oil feature!
What is Rosemary Essential Oil?
So, we touched upon how great rosemary essential oil is for a variety of cosmetic needs, but what exactly is this great essential oil? One of the more popular essential oils, rosemary essential oil, is mainly extracted from rosemary bush leaves. The rosemary bush is a member of the mint family, which, besides for rosemary, also contains basil, lavender, myrtle, and sage. Rosemary essential oil also contains a wide array of health benefits. Besides for the cosmetic benefits that we mentioned, rosemary essential oil has also been shown to reduce pain, provide relief for respiratory problems, and boost your mental activity.
Rosemary essential oil is also an oil that has gained popularity in a variety of different cultures over the past few centuries. Rosemary essential oil was used by both Egyptians and Romans for a variety of different religious purposes. Rosemary essential oil has also gained a lot of popularity in different Mediterranean cultures who use rosemary oil as a culinary herb. Now that we have a better idea of what rosemary essential oil is, we can get a little bit more specific in regards to the amazing different things it can do.
Rosemary Oil for Hair Growth
Rosemary oil is a great form of all natural treatment for hair growth. It is highly effective at promoting hair growth because it is both an antioxidant and stimulant as well as anti-inflammatory and great at fighting oiliness. As an antioxidant, rosemary oil is able to fight free radical damage that could be a serious contributor to hair loss or stunt hair growth. Additionally, as a stimulant rosemary oil has the ability to stimulate the roots of hair follicles facilitating healthy hair growth. Rosemary oil also does a lot of great things to help you maintain healthier hair growth. Here are a few of them:
- Use of Rosemary Oil Leave-In Conditioner – This daily dose of rosemary oil does a great job at giving spectacularly conditioned hair. All you need to do is add just 20 drops of rosemary oil to 1 cup of coconut oil, then add the mixture to a clear empty jar. Apply a small amount of the mixture to your hair after taking a shower while your hair is still wet and rub it through your hair. Be wary of applying too much of the conditioner to your hair as this will give hair way a greasy look.
- Rosemary Oil Hot Treatment – This treatment allows rosemary oils nutrients to seep deep down into your hair follicles to help you achieve beautiful and healthy hair.
- Rosemary Oil Overnight Treatment – The mixture consists of 2 teaspoons of coconut oil mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey and a few drops of rosemary. To apply the mixture, all you need to do is coat your hair in it, beginning with the ends of your hair and working your way towards the scalp. After this procedure, cover your hair with a shower cap and get some well-deserved rest. When you wake up, you’ll see just how great your hair looks and feels!
— HYSBIO MA,Inc. (@HYSBIO) October 16, 2016
How To Make Rosemary Oil
Rosemary oil is really easy to make and can be used as a key ingredient in a lot of natural health, cooking, and cosmetic products. There are a few ways to make rosemary oil. Here is one of them:
- Submerge a clear glass storage container along with its lid in a pot of boiling water for 30 seconds to get the container nice and clean. Following this, remove the lid and container from the water to let it air dry.
- Add 2 cups of oil to a pot and get it to 180 degrees Fahrenheit and remove it from the heat. Put rosemary back in the glass container and pour the hot oil on top of it. Following this, place a lid over the container and let it cool down for a little bit.
- After cooking, store the infused oil in a cool dark place. Place the date that you made the oil on the lid of the container you made it in. Do not keep the oil for more than three months as it will no longer be good after this time.
Rosemary Oil Benefits for Skin
Besides for being great for your hair, rosemary oil also does wonders for your skin. Rosemary oil does a great job at re-hydrating and toning your skin. It does a great job of removing wrinkles and bags from your skin, keeping it looking great and healthy. Rosemary oil also does a superb job at preventing your skin from becoming infected and does well at treating a variety of skin conditions including dermatitis, psoriasis, and eczema. Rosemary oil’s anti-inflammatory properties, which we briefly mentioned earlier, also do a great job at reducing skin swelling, puffiness, and burn healing.
Rosemary oil also has skin regeneration properties which are able to effectively treat more visible skin conditions, replace damaged tissues, and reduce any scars or spots. Rosemary oil also has great benefits for your face too, specifically in regards to treating acne. How is it able to do this? Rosemary oil contains highly powerful disinfectant and antiseptic properties. Rosemary even does a terrific job at improving your skin complexion by lightening any dark spots or blemishes on your skin.
Rosemary Oil For Massage
Rosemary oil can also be especially helpful when you want to get yourself a great massage. Rosemary essential oil can be used to create a blended massage oil which can help you in treating a variety of health conditions. Some of these health conditions include liver and gall problems, muscular aches, cramps, spasms, pains, a stiff neck, and a series of other various medical conditions. When used in massage oils, rosemary oil can also work wonders at improving your overall circulation. But that’s not all! Rosemary oil’s anti-inflammatory properties make it an especially great massage treatment for athletes who may have experienced injuries or overworked muscles.
Rosemary Oil for Anti-Aging
Rosemary oil also has a lot of great anti-aging properties that will help keep you looking great and young. In fact, rosemary essential oil is especially well known for its amazing anti-aging benefits. Especially when mixed with spearmint, rosemary oil does a great job of making you look younger. The oil relaxes your cutis and therefore, allows your skin cells to hydrate improving your appearance in a very short amount of time. Rosemary oil works great in a variety of anti-aging serums especially when combined with germanium, lemon, frankincense and myrh oils.
Where To Buy Rosemary Oil
Now, after we have discussed all the great things that rosemary oil can do, at this point you’re probably wondering where you can buy the stuff! Rosemary oil is available in a variety of online and offline stores. More so, you don’t have to purchase pure rosemary oil to prosper from the variety of uses and benefits that it offers! You can also buy a lot of other natural products that contain rosemary oil as well! For example, if you want to benefit from rosemary oils’ ability to help promote hair growth, you can buy an array of natural shampoos that contain rosemary oil. Like more pure forms of rosemary oil, these products are also all naturally made and are free of parabens, sulfates and other hazardous artificial chemicals. So if you’re looking for a great essential oil that has the ability to promote hair growth and make you look and feel younger – rosemary oil is a great pick hands down!